How to Make a Cadbury’s Caramel Cupcakes
- For the chocolate cake:
1 box of chocolate cake mix (or your favorite chocolate cake recipe)
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of water
- For the caramel filling:
1 jar of caramel spread from Cadbury (or your favorite caramel sauce)
- For the chocolate frosting:
3/4 cup of unsalted butter, softened
3 cups of powdered sugar, sifted
3/4 cup of cocoa powder, sifted
1/4 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Making the chocolate cake batter:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water until well combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner halfway or slightly less than halfway with the cake batter.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the cupcakes cool slightly in the pan before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Making the caramel filling:
- If using a caramel spread from Cadbury, microwave it for about 15 seconds or until it becomes soft and runny. If using a homemade caramel sauce, follow the recipe above or use your own recipe.
- Transfer the caramel filling to a piping bag fitted with a small round tip. Alternatively, you can use a ziplock bag and snip off one corner.
- Insert the tip of the piping bag into the center of each cupcake and squeeze gently until you feel some resistance. Do not overfill the cupcakes or they will burst.
- Making the chocolate frosting:
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and vanilla extract, beating on low speed until well combined and smooth. You may need to adjust the amount of milk or powdered sugar to achieve your desired consistency.
- Transfer the chocolate frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Alternatively, you can use a ziplock bag and snip off one corner.
- Pipe or spread the frosting on top of each cupcake, covering the hole where you inserted the caramel filling.